All listings for this product
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £3.68Trending at £3.80
- £12.88Trending at £16.19
- £14.56Trending at £16.20
- £9.97Trending at £10.37
- £8.24Trending at £11.34
- £61.04Trending at £83.99
- £8.95Trending at £15.99
About this product
- DescriptionHandbook of Clinical Psychology in Medical Settings
- Author BiographyDr. Christopher L. Hunter, Ph.D., ABPP obtained his doctoral degree in Clinical Psychology from the University of Memphis, specializing in behavioral medicine. In 2005 he was board certified in clinical health psychology by the American Board of Professional Psychology. For the last six years, he has worked Defense Health Agency as the DoD Program Manager for Behavioral Health in Primary Care. He is a previous Chair for the Society of Behavioral Medicine's integrated primary care special interest group and is a Collaborative Family Health Care Association board member. He has extensive experience training individuals to work in primary care settings to treat common mental health conditions (e.g., depression), health behavior problem areas (e.g. tobacco use, obesity) and chronic medical conditions (e.g., diabetes, chronic pain). Dr. Christine Hunter, Ph.D., ABPP, is the Director of Behavioral Research at the National Institute of Diabetes and Digestive and Kidney Diseases (NIDDK). In 1997 Dr. Hunter obtained her Ph.D. in Clinical Psychology from The University of Memphis. She completed a Postdoctoral Fellowship in Clinical Health Psychology in 2001 and was Board Certified in Clinical Health Psychology in 2005 by the American Board of Professional Psychology. Prior to joining NIDDK in 2006, she served in the U.S. Air Force for ten years in a variety of clinical, management, research, and policy positions. At NIDDK she is responsible for a portfolio of behavioral research on the prevention and treatment of diabetes and obesity. This portfolio includes broad range of research including basic behavioral science in humans, translation of basic behavioral science finding into novel interventions, efficacy, effectiveness, and pragmatic trials, evaluation of natural experiments in large programs or policies, and dissemination and implementation research. Rodger Kessler, Ph.D., ABPP, is a clinical psychologist who for the past 17 years has been doing research in the area of collaboration between primary health care and behavioral care. Dr. Kessler has created multiple medical practice sites where behavioral health practitioners are located within medical offices so that physicians and behavioral health clinicians can deliver evidence-based, integrated medical psychological care. Dr. Kessler's current research focuses on implementation of evidence supported EHR driven panel based hypertension and diabetes care and the impact of different models of i medical psychological care on Triple AIM outcomes. He is primary author of the Vermont Integration profile, a practice level assessment of degree of primary care behavioral integration. He is board certified in health psychology, a Fellow of two divisions of the American Psychological Association, and the Society of Behavioral Medicine. Dr. Kessler is currently research assistant professor in the Department of Family Medicine at the University of Vermont College of Medicine.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication01/05/2010
- GenrePsychiatry & Clinical Psychology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note33 black & white illustrations, 34 black & white tables, biography
- Weight1340 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edited byChristine M. Hunter,Christopher L. Hunter,Rodger Kessler
- Edition Statement2012
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.