CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £19.59Trending at £26.34
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.40Trending at £12.99
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
About this product
- DescriptionIn one volume, this handbook provides a comprehensive, authoritative review of achievement motivation and establishes the concept of competence as an organizing framework for the field.
- Author BiographyAndrew J. Elliot, PhD, is Professor of Psychology at the University of Rochester, and is currently an associate editor of the Personality and Social Psychology Bulletin and a section editor of Social and Personality Psychology Compass. Dr. Elliot has published approximately 100 scholarly works, has received research grants from public and private agencies, and has been awarded four different early- and mid-career awards for his research contributions. His research areas include achievement and affiliation motivation; approach-avoidance motivation; personal goals; subjective well-being; and parental, teacher, and cultural influences on motivation and self-regulation. Carol S. Dweck, PhD, is the Lewis and Virginia Eaton Professor of Psychology at Stanford University, and has published significant work in the area of achievement motivation since the early 1970s. Dr. Dweck is one of the first researchers linking attributions to patterns of achievement motivation, an originator of achievement goal theory, and a pioneer in the area of self-theories of motivation. Her recent books include Self-Theories: Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development; Motivation and Self-Regulation across the Lifespan (coedited with Jutta Heckhausen); and Mindset: The New Psychology of Success. Her research is extensively cited in social, developmental, personality, and educational psychology.
- PublisherGuilford Publications
- Date of Publication29/04/2005
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGuilford Publications
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight1488 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edited byAndrew J. Elliot,Carol S. Dweck,David S. Yeager
- Foreword byMartin V. Covington
- Format DetailsPaper over boards
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.