All listings for this product
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £36.00Trending at £38.06
- £27.52Trending at £27.85
- £26.61Trending at £28.13
- £25.66Trending at £27.89
- £23.42Trending at £29.99
- £22.38Trending at £26.31
- £19.28Trending at £20.69
About this product
- DescriptionAddresses the impacts of data mining on education and reviews applications in educational research teaching, and learning This book discusses the insights, challenges, issues, expectations, and practical implementation of data mining (DM) within educational mandates.
- Author BiographySamira ElAtia is Associate Professor of Education at The University of Alberta, Canada. She has published numerous articles and book chapters on topics relating to the use of technology to support pedagogical research and education in higher education. Her current research focuses on using e-learning environment and big data for fair and valid longitudinal assessment of, and for, learning within higher education. Donald Ipperciel is Principal and Professor at Glendon College, York University, Toronto, Canada and was the Canadian Research Chair in Political Philosophy and Canadian Studies between 2002 and 2012. He has authored several books and has contributed chapters and articles in more than 60 publications. Ipperciel has dedicated many years of research on the questions of e-learning and using technology in education. He is co-editor of the Canadian Journal of Learning and Technology since 2010. Osmar R. Zaiane is Professor of Computing Science at the University of Alberta, Canada and Scientific Director of the Alberta Innovates Centre of Machine Learning. A renowned researcher and computer scientist, Dr. Zaiane is former Secretary Treasurer of the Association for Computing Machinery (ACM) Special Interest Group on Knowledge Discovery and Data Mining. He obtained the IEEE ICDM Outstanding Service Aware in 2009 as well as the ACM SIGKDD Service Award the following year.
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication26/09/2016
- GenreEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleWiley Series on Methods and Applications in Data Mining
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight578 g
- Width159 mm
- Height242 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDonald Ipperciel,Osmar R. Zaiane,Samira ElAtia
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.