CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £17.19Trending at £32.78
- £12.49Trending at £12.64
- £12.49Trending at £14.88
- £24.99Trending at £42.97
- £30.73Trending at £34.59
- £6.17Trending at £6.28
- £24.93Trending at £26.05
About this product
- DescriptionAs a textbook for advanced clinical and counseling psychology programs, and a solid reference for the researcher in child/adolescent mental health, this book's emphasis on flexibility and attention to emerging issues will help readers meet ongoing challenges, as well as advance the field.
- Author BiographyRic G. Steele, Ph.D., ABPP, is an Associate Professor of Psychology and Applied Behavioral Science at the University of Kansas, in the Clinical Child Psychology Program. He earned his doctorate from the University of Georgia in clinical psychology, with a specialization in clinical child psychology, completed a clinical internship at the University of Tennessee (Memphis) Professional Psychology Internship Consortium, and completed a Post-Doctoral Fellowship at the St. Jude Children's Research Hospital (Memphis, TN). Dr. Steele is an associate editor for the Journal of Child and Family Studies, and is on the editorial boards of the Journal of Clinical Child and Adolescent Psychology and the Journal of Pediatric Psychology. He has published more than 40 journal articles and book chapters, and recently co-edited the Handbook of Mental Health Services for Children, Adolescents, and Families. Dr. Steele's research is concerned with the promotion of physical and mental health across a continuum of health risk categories including healthy children, children at risk for disease, and children with diagnosed medical conditions. T. David Elkin, Ph.D., ABPP, is an Associate Professor in the Department of Psychiatry and Human Behavior and is the Director of the Clinical Psychology Residency and Post Doctoral Fellowship Program at the University of Mississippi Medical Center. He received his doctorate in clinical psychology from the University of Memphis, and completed a clinical internship at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center, specializing in pediatric psychology. He then completed a post doctoral fellowship in pediatric psychology at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. Dr. Elkin is a reviewer for the Journal of Pediatric Psychology, Children's Health Care, Pediatrics, and the Journal of Consulting and Clinical Psychology. He has published over 20 peer-reviewed articles and book chapters, and is interested in children diagnosed with medical conditions, childhood depression, and perceptions of risk in research participants. Michael C. Roberts, Ph.D., ABPP, is Director of the Clinical Child Psychology Program at the University of Kansas. He graduated from Purdue University in clinical psychology with a specialization in clinical child psychology and interned at the University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Center. He has served as editor for the Journal of Pediatric Psychology, Children's Health Care, and Children's Services: Social Policy, Research, and Practice. He has authored and co-edited 16 books, including Handbook of Clinical Child Psychology, Handbook of Pediatric Psychology, Model Programs in Service Delivery in Child and Family Mental Health, Prevention of Problems in Childhood, Helping Children Cope with Disasters and Terrorism, Handbook of Research Methods in Clinical Psychology, and most recently, the Handbook of Mental Health Services for Children, Adolescents, and Families. Dr. Roberts has published close to 200 journal articles and book chapters. He currently is PI on a grant to evaluate an innovative intensive mental health program for children who are serious emotionally disturbed in public schools. His research interests have been focused on prevention, especially injury control, professional issues, psychotherapeutic outcomes research and program evaluation in clinical child and pediatric psychology. He has been president of the Society of Pediatric Psychology, the APA Section on Clinical Child Psychology, and the Council of University Directors of Clinical Psychology, and serves as a representative to the APA Council of Representatives.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication23/11/2010
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Series TitleIssues in Clinical Child Psychology
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight1119 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edited byMichael C. Roberts,Ric G. Steele,T. David Elkin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2008
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.