Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.45Trending at £4.83
- £4.24Trending at £4.78
- £25.99Trending at £30.99
- £22.29Trending at £23.51
- £0.99Trending at £6.99
- £7.62Trending at £10.52
- £10.20Trending at £10.36
About this product
- DescriptionFibre rope has undergone dramatic technological changes over the last few decades with such advances as the development of synthetic fibres and modern types of rope construction. This major handbook takes a comprehensive look at rope-making materials and structures, properties and mechanics.
- Author BiographyHenry McKenna is President of Tension Technology International which is based in the USA and UK. He has extensive experience in rope manufacturing techniques, technology of fibre materials, rope handling machinery and systems design, accident investigations and industry sales and distribution. J. W. S. Hearle, M.A., Sc.D., Ph.D., C.Text F.T.I (Hon.), F.Inst.P, is Emeritus Professor of Textile Technology in the University of Manchester, UK. Nick O'Hear is Technical Director of Tension Technology International. He has more than 20 years' experience working with ropes and cables and has developed new electro-mechanical cables for defence and offshore applications and is currently working on non-destructive testing methods for ropes by means of fibre optics and Brillouin scattering.
- Author(s)H. A. McKenna,J. W. S. Hearle,N. O'Hear
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication22/04/2004
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleWoodhead Publishing Series in Textiles
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintWoodhead Publishing Ltd
- Weight900 g
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.