All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Handbook of Multicultural Counseling is a well-respected resource and textbook which is often referred to as the most widely used reference in the arena of multicultural counseling. It helped solidify Sage's position as a leader in promoting issues of multiculturalism and diversity and in the fields of counseling, psychology and social work.
- Author BiographyJ. Manuel Casas is Professor Emeritus in the Department of Counseling, Clinical, and School Psychology at the University of California, Santa Barbara. He has published extensively on sociocultural, psychological, and contextual factors that negatively affect ethnic/racial populations including immigrants. He counteracts the negativity of these factors by directing attention to resiliency factors that can help these populations lead sound and healthy lives. His work has been widely cited both within and outside of the United States. Lisa A. Suzuki Is an associate professor in the Department of Applied Psychology at New York University. She is co-editor with Dr. Joseph Ponterotto of the Handbook of Multicultural Assessment: Clinical, Psychological and Educational Applications now in its third edition. She is also co-editor of Qualitative Strategies for Ethnocultural Research with Drs. Nagata and Kohn-Wood. Her main research interests have been in the areas of multicultural assessment and qualitative research methods. Charlene Alexander is the Associate Provost for Diversity and Professor of Counseling Psychology at Ball State University where she is responsible for implementing strategic initiatives to support the diversity efforts of the university. Her research interests are in the areas of multicultural counseling, school counseling and the impact of immersive learning experiences on counseling students' multicultural competency development. Margo A. Jackson, is Professor of Counseling Psychology and Contemporary Learning and Interdisciplinary Research of the Graduate School of Education at Fordham University, Lincoln Center. Her research, teaching, and service focus on methods to assess and constructively address hidden biases and strengths of counselors, educators, and other leaders; career development across the lifespan; and training and supervision in multicultural counseling and psychology.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication07/07/2016
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width203 mm
- Height254 mm
- Edited byCharlene M. Alexander,J. Manuel Casas,Lisa A. Suzuki,Margo A. Jackson
- Edition Statement4th Revised edition
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £14.99Trending at £16.40
- £28.65Trending at £29.98
- £19.77Trending at £21.53
- £7.94Trending at £10.99
- £24.44Trending at £26.92
- £23.71Trending at £26.08
- £23.54Trending at £23.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.