Consider these sponsored items
- £55.49Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA successor to the acclaimed 'Music and Emotion', The Handbook of Music and Emotion provides comprehensive coverage of the field, in all its breadth and depth. As well as summarizing what is currently known about music and emotion, it will also stimulate further research in promising directions that have been little studied.
- Author BiographyPatrik N. Juslin is associate professor of Psychology at Uppsala University, Sweden, where he teaches courses on music, emotion, perception, and research methodology. He completed his PhD in 1998 and became associate professor in 2004. Juslin has published numerous articles in the areas of expression in music performance, emotional responses to music, music education, and emotion in speech. In 2001, he edited the volume Music and Emotion: Theory and Research together with John Sloboda. Juslin is associate editor of the journals Music Perception and Musicae Scientiae. He is a member of the International Society for Research on Emotions and received ESCOM's 'Young Researcher Award' in 1996. Alongside his work as a researcher, he has also worked professionally as a guitar player. John Sloboda is Emeritus Professor at Keele, and honorary Professor of Music at Royal Holloway University, London. He has been a member of the School of Psychology at Keele since 1974 and was Director of its Unit for the Study of Musical Skill and Development founded in 1991. John Sloboda is internationally known for his work on the psychology of music. He is a Fellow of the British Psychological Society, and has been President of both the Psychology and General Sections of the British Association for the Advancement of Science, as well as President of the European Society for the Cognitive Sciences of Music, where he serves on the editorial board of it's journal Musicae Scientiae. He was recipient of the 1998 British Psychological Society's Presidents Award for Distinguished Contributions to Psychological Knowledge, and in 2004 was elected to Fellowship of the British Academy. He is author of over 150 publications in the field of music psychology.
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication17/03/2011
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2011
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight1283 g
- Width182 mm
- Height245 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byJohn Sloboda,Patrik N. Juslin
Best-selling in Psychology & Help
Save on Psychology & Help
- £33.23Trending at £33.79
- £8.21Trending at £8.51
- £30.72Trending at £31.11
- £33.52Trending at £41.99
- £6.29Trending at £7.46
- £11.98Trending at £12.99
- £3.89Trending at £4.50
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.