CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £7.59Trending at £9.14
- £6.36Trending at £6.93
- £12.17Trending at £13.09
- £9.91Trending at £10.07
- £11.41Trending at £14.47
- £5.54Trending at £5.60
- £10.15Trending at £14.94
About this product
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication15/10/2012
- GenrePsychology: Professional & General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMagination Press, (American Psychological Association)
- Content NoteIllustrations (some col.)
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Edited byDavid Walter,Lynn Nadel
- Author BiographyDavid Waller, PhD, is an associate professor of psychology at Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. His research seeks to understand all aspects of spatial functioning in people, including the ability (a) to keep track of where things are in one's immediate environment, (b) to navigate between places, and (c) to remember spatial information. In addition to traditional laboratory experiments and correlational studies, his research has been at the leading edge of using real-time 3-D computer graphics (i.e. virtual reality) as a tool for investigating environmental cognition. Dr. Waller is cofounder and codirector of the world's largest immersive virtual environment facility (the HIVE) and is an associate editor for journals such as Memory & Cognition, the American Journal of Psychology, and Presence: Teleoperators and Virtual Environments. Lynn Nadel, PhD, is currently Regents Professor of Psychology and director of the Cognition and Neural Systems Program at the University of Arizona. His work has focused on the functions of the hippocampus in memory and spatial cognition, leading to contributions in the study of stress and memory, sleep and memory, memory reconsolidation, and the mental retardation observed in Down syndrome. He has promulgated, with collaborators, two highly influential theories in cognitive neuroscience: the cognitive map theory of hippocampal function and the multiple trace theory of memory. Dr. Nadel serves as the editor-in-chief of WIREs Interdisciplinary Reviews in Cognitive Science and is on the editorial boards of numerous journals in cognition and neural science.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.