All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.70Trending at £50.87
- £14.41Trending at £15.22
- £22.72Trending at £29.99
- £18.56Trending at £19.53
- £12.35Trending at £14.49
- £10.94Trending at £15.73
- £14.70Trending at £21.43
About this product
- DescriptionA guide to tropical residual soils and a range of engineering applications. It contains country and region specific sections, typical characteristics, soil conditions, practical cases and typical data.
- Author BiographyProfessor Bujang B.K. Huat graduated in 1983 from the Polytechnic of Central London, UK, and obtained his MSc and PhD at the Imperial College London, and the Victoria University Manchester, UK, in 1986 and 1991 respectively. He has spent his professional career as a Professor in Geotechnical Engineering, in the Department of Civil Engineering, Universiti Putra Malaysia, one of Malaysia's five research universities. Currently he serves as the Dean of School of Graduate Studies of the same university. His special area of interest is in the field of geotechnical and geological engineering, and slope engineering, and has authored and co-authored 18 books, edited 10 conference proceedings, and published more than 100 journal and conference proceedings papers in the field of soil mechanics and foundation engineering. David G. Toll is Professor of Geotechnical Engineering in the School of Engineering and Computer Sciences at Durham University, UK. After graduating from Cardiff University with a BSc in Civil Engineering in 1979 he worked for Soil Mechanics Ltd and Engineering & Resources Consultants, before joining Imperial College, London as a Research Assistant, where he gained his PhD. He joined Durham University in 1988. He has been Visiting Professor at the National University of Singapore and Tongji University, China and held Research Fellowships at Nanyang Technological University, Singapore, University of Western Australia and Newcastle University, Australia. His research areas are unsaturated & tropical soils and geoinformatics. He has co-authored 7 edited books and conference proceedings and published more than 150 journal and conference proceedings papers. He is Chair of Joint Technical Committee 2 on Data Representation for the three International Societies (ISSMGE, ISRM, IAEG), a member of TC 106 on Unsaturated Soils of ISSMGE and Chair of the Northern Geotechnical Group of the Institution of Civil Engineers, UK. Arun Prasad is Associate Professor of Geotechnical Engineering in the Institute of Technology at Banaras Hindu University, India. He graduated with a BSc in Civil Engineering in 1986 from Utkal University, India. He obtained MSc and PhD from Sambalpur and Devi Ahilya University, India in 1989 and 2000 respectively. He has worked as Post-Doctoral Researcher at Universiti Putra Malaysia during 2009-10. His special areas of research are in the soil stabilization of soft and contaminated soils. He has co-authored one book on Geotechnical Engineering and has published more than 50 papers in journals and conference proceedings.
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication24/05/2012
- GenreCivil Engineering & Environmental Engineering
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Content NoteIllustrations, maps
- Weight1156 g
- Width174 mm
- Height246 mm
- Edited byArun Prasad,Bujang B. K. Huat,David G. Toll
- Format DetailsSewn
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.