All listings for this product
About this product
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication10/04/2017
- GenreClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- Content Note5 Tables, color; 5 Illustrations, color; 1 Illustrations, black and white; XVII, 221 p. 6 illus., 5 illus. in color.
- Weight316 g
- Width127 mm
- Height203 mm
- Edited byJacques H. Grosset,Richard E. Chaisson
- Edition Statement1st ed. 2017
- Table Of ContentsOverview of tuberculosis.- Pathology and clinical features of pulmonary tuberculosis.- Treatment of pulmonary tuberculosis.- Extra-pulmonary tuberculosis.- Public health issues.- Management of pulmonary tuberculosis in special populations.- Emerging therapies.- Conclusion.
- Author BiographyRichard E. Chaisson, MD, is Professor of Medicine, Epidemiology and International Health at the Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. He received his BS and MD degrees from the University of Massachusetts, and was an intern, resident, and fellow at the University of California, San Francisco, where he was also Assistant Professor of Medicine. From 1988 to 1998 he was Director of the Johns Hopkins AIDS Service, and he co-founded the Johns Hopkins HIV Clinic cohort, an observational study that has been the source of more than 130 scientific publications on the outcomes of HIV disease and its treatment.Dr. Chaisson is currently Director of the Johns Hopkins Center for Tuberculosis Research, a multidisciplinary center with more than $60 million in grants for the study of tuberculosis from bench to bedside. Dr. Chaisson's research interests focus on tuberculosis and HIV infection, including global epidemiology, clinical trials, diagnostics, and public health interventions. He is currently principal investigator of 11 research grants, and is director of the Consortium to Respond Effectively to the AIDS/TB Epidemic (CREATE), an international research consortium funded by the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation to assess the impact of novel strategies for controlling HIV-related tuberculosis. He has published over 300 scientific papers and book chapters.
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £13.46Trending at £17.94
- £32.33Trending at £34.08
- £13.79Trending at £19.95
- £5.43Trending at £5.48
- £23.44Trending at £40.08
- £9.70Trending at £10.23
- £20.62Trending at £29.90
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.