CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.09
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £18.09Trending at £19.30
About this product
- PublisherApple Academic Press Inc.
- Date of Publication02/11/2015
- GenreIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Series TitleFood Science and Technology
- Place of PublicationOakville
- Country of PublicationCanada
- ImprintApple Academic Press Inc.
- Content Note110 black & white illustrations, 137 black & white tables
- Weight2562 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine56 mm
- Edited byE. Ozgul Evranuz,Y. H. Hui
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsBIOLOGICAL, CHEMICAL, NUTRITIONAL, AND MICROBIOLOGICAL ASPECTS OF VEGETABLE PRODUCTION Vegetables as Sources of Nutrients and Bioactive Compounds: Health Benefits Delia B. Rodriguez-Amaya Healthy Dietary Fibers from Plant Food By-Products Araceli Redondo-Cuenca, M. Jose Villanueva-Suarez, and Isabel Goni Vegetable Flavors and Sensory Characteristics Yaowapa Lorjaroenphon, Siree Chaiseri, and Wannee Jirapakkul Use of Genetic Engineering: Benefits and Health Concerns Allah Bakhsh, Faheem Shehzad Baloch, Rustu Hatipoglu, and Hakan Ozkan Important Pests in Vegetable Crops Cengiz Kazak, Kamil Karut, and Asmail Doker Commercially Important Vegetable Crop Diseases Yesim Aysan and Sumer Horuz PRESERVATION AND PROCESSING TECHNOLOGY: PRINCIPLES AND APPLICATIONS Thermal Processing: Canning and Aseptic Processing Ziynet Boz and Ferruh Erdogdu Dehydration of Vegetables E. Ozgul Evranuz Refrigeration and Frozen Preservation of Vegetables Guillermo Petzold and Jorge Moreno Fermentation, Pickling, and Turkish Table Olives Huseyin Erten, C. Pelin Boyaci-Gunduz, Bilal Agirman, and Turgut Cabaroglu Novel Thermal and Nonthermal Processing Technologies Gokhan Bingol Application of Vacuum Impregnation in Vegetables Waraporn Boonsupthip, Dennis R. Heldman, and Jinnipar Choachamnan Active and Intelligent Packaging for Fruits and Vegetables Panuwat Suppakul Additives and Preservatives Meral Kilic-Akyilmaz and Zehra Gulsunoglu Quality Preservation and Safety of Minimally Processed Vegetables Ana Cecilia Silveira, Victor Hugo Escalona, Andres Bustamante Pezoa, and Encarna Aguayo Quality Monitoring and Management during Storage and Distribution of Frozen Vegetables Waraporn Boonsupthip, Dennis R. Heldman, and Jinnipar Choachamnan Strategies for Controlling Major Enzymatic Reactions in Fresh and Processed Vegetables Ahmet Yemenicioglu Computer and Control Applications in a Vegetable-Processing Plant Gokhan Bingol, Rebecca R. Milczarek, Wei Yu, and Murat O. Balaban PROCE&SZLIG;ED VEGETABLES AND SPECIALTIES Brassica Vegetables Prasad S. Variyar, Satyendra Gautam, and Arun K. Sharma Carrot Processing Ha Hong Vu Nguyen and Loc Thai Nguyen Eggplant J. Zaro, Ariel R. Vicente, C.M. Ortiz, Alicia R. Chaves, and A. Concellon Cultivated Mushrooms: Preservation and Processing Panagiota A. Diamantopoulou and Philippoussis N. Antonios Greek Table Olives Processing Efstathios Z. Panagou Peppers and Spice Capsicums Claudia Lizet Meneses Gutierrez, Dario Iker Tellez Medina, and Maria Eugenia Jaramillo Flores Potato and Potato Processing Technology Asiye Akyildiz, Suleyman Polat, Erdal Agcam, and Hasan Fenercioglu Production and Handling of Tomato with a High Nutrition Quality Miguel A. Cruz-Carrillo, Cipriano Garcia-Gutierrez, Daniel Arrieta-Baez, Adolfo Dagoberto Armenta-Bojorquez, Jorge Montiel-Montoya, and Maria Eugenia Jaramillo-Flores Vegetable Seed Sprouts Zhan-Hui Lu and Wei Cao Winter Squash and Pumpkins E. Ozgul Evranuz and Dilek Arduzlar-Kagan FERMENTED AND PICKLED VEGETABLE PRODUCTS Fermented Plant Products from Tropical and Warm Countries Yann Demarigny Fermented Vegetable Juices and Health Attributes Maja Vukasinovic Sekulic, Marica Rakin, and Maja Bulatovic Fermented Red Beet Juice Zsolt Zalan, Ferenc Hegyi, and Anna Halasz Fresh and Pickled Jalapeno Peppers: Volatile and Nonvolatile Compounds P. Ibarra-Torres, E. Valadez-Moctezuma, Dario I. Tellez-Medina, and Maria Eugenia Jaramillo-Flores Role of Lactic Acid Bacteria in the Fermentation and Biopreservation of Plant-Based Foods Lihua Fan and Lisbeth Truelstrup Hansen Pickles and Sauerkraut: Manufacturing Sanitation Y.H. Hui Soymilk and Tofu Manufacturing Sam K.C. Chang Shalgam (Azalgam): A Traditional Turkish Lactic Acid Fermented Beverage Based on Black Carrot Huseyin Erten and Hasan Tanguler VEGETABLES PROCESSING SAFETY Quality Assurance in Vegetable Processing: State of the Science in Practice in the 2010s Dilek Arduzlar-Kagan, Sibel Ozilgen, and Mustafa Ozilgen U.S. Regulatory Requirements for Sanit
- Author BiographyY. H. Hui, the president of Science Technology System in West Sacramento, California and American Food & Nutrition Center, received his Ph.D. degree from the University of California at Berkeley. YH Hui is the president of Science Technology System in West Sacramento, California and American Food & Nutrition Center. He has authored, coauthored, edited, or coedited more than 70 professional books in food science, food technology, food engineering, and food laws. He has guest-lectured in universities in North, Central, and South America as well as Europe, and Asia and served as a consultant for the food industries, with an emphasis on food sanitation and food safety. E. Ozgul Evranuz after graduating from the Chemical Engineering Department of Middle East Technical University (METU, 1971) in Ankara, Turkey, she began her academic career in the area of food technology. She holds M.S. degrees in chemical engineering (METU) and food science and management (University of London, Queen Elizabeth College) and a Ph.D. degree in chemical engineering (ITU). She is among the builders of Food Engineering Department of ITU and has served as Professor (1994-2012) of food processing in that department. Her main interests are preservation, storage, and packaging of food plant materials. She has served as a book editor and has several publications in the field.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.