Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £22.22Trending at £24.28
- £23.53Trending at £23.81
- £18.29Trending at £21.98
- £20.44Trending at £21.16
- £36.01Trending at £38.26
- £26.11Trending at £28.49
- £23.71Trending at £26.09
About this product
- DescriptionThis handbook offers systematic explanations of the applications of expert systems to law enforcement activites and discusses the impact of these systems on traditional ways of policing and crime solving.
- Author BiographyEDWARD C. RATLEDGE is Director of Urban Policy Research at the College of Urban Affairs and Public Policy, Newark, Delaware. Involved in systems design (software engineering and data base design) for 20 years, his expertise ranges from micro-base systems to high end, large scale main frames leading to applications in the fields of criminal justice, natural and human resources, and geographic information systems. He has been widely published in econometric journals as well as applied research journals. They include: American Economic Review, Review of Economics and Statistics, Advances in Alcohol and Substance Abuse, and the Journal of Systems Management, among others. JOAN E. JACOBY is Executive Director of the Jefferson Institute for Justice Studies, Washington, D.C. She is the author of The American Prosecutor: A Search for Identity, and has contributed chapters to other books including: Theory and Research in Criminal Justice: Current Perspectives, Preventing Crime, The Prosecutor, and The Coming of Age of Information Technology. Specializing in criminal justice systems and procedures for the past 20 years, she also has authored or co-authored numerous reports including: Caseweighting Systems for Prosecutors, Basic Issues in Prosecution and Public Defender Performance, and Prosecutorial Decisionmaking and has been published in the Journal of Criminal Law and Criminology.
- Author(s)Edward C. Ratledge,Joan E. Jacoby
- Date of Publication26/09/1989
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationWestport
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintGreenwood Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight482 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsLaminated cover
- Edition StatementAnnotated edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.