Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £8.47Trending at £14.99
- £11.68Trending at £11.85
- £13.77Trending at £19.96
- £31.44Trending at £52.08
- £11.27Trending at £18.02
- £12.58Trending at £18.97
- £9.20Trending at £13.03
About this product
- DescriptionThis book is an introduction to significant people and events - cultural, social, political, and historical - spanning the beginning of the Kamakura period in 1185 through the end of the Edo (Tokugawa) period in 1868.
- Author BiographyWIlliam E. Deal obtained a Ph.D. in religious studies from Harvard. He is currently Severance Professor of the History of Religion at case Western Reserve University. Dr. Deal's current research focuses on the relationship between religion and state in Japanese history. He has numerous articles to his credit and has translated part of the Nihon shoki and other early Japanese texts. He is the co-author of Theory for Religious Studies (with Timothy Beal) (Routledge).
- Author(s)William E. Deal
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication03/10/2007
- GenreRegional History
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content Note90 halftones & line illus.
- Weight861 g
- Width185 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine23 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.