All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThough unquestionably one of the greatest and best-loved of all composers, George Frideric Handel (1685-1759) had received little attention from biographers. This work charts Handel's life, from his youth in Germany, through his brilliantly successful Italian sojourn, to the opulence and squalor of Georgian London.
- Author BiographyJonathan Keates is a prizewinning biographer and novelist, well known as a reviewer and as a writer on Italian culture and history. He teaches at the City of London School and is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Literature.
- Author(s)Jonathan Keates
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication06/08/2009
- GenreBiography: The Arts
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Noteblack & white plates
- Weight602 g
- Width153 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Best-selling in Biographies & True Stories
Save on Biographies & True Stories
- £7.39Trending at £7.58
- £4.75Trending at £4.85
- £20.06Trending at £22.75
- £12.30Trending at £13.54
- £4.45Trending at £6.57
- £13.80Trending at £20.59
- £10.30Trending at £12.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.