All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWritten by the prizewinning Irish poet Moya Cannon, this collection explores the effects of time, change, migration, and travel--in both the human and the natural worlds.
- Author BiographyMoya Cannon was born in Dunfanaghy, County Donegal in 1956 and now lives in Galway. She studied history and politics at University College, Dublin and international relations at Corpus Christi College, Cambridge. Her first collection, Oar, won the inaugural Brendan Behan Award and, in 2001, she was the recipient of the Laurence O Shaughnessy Award (University of St. Thomas, Minnesota). A number of her poems have been set to music by Jane O Leary, Philip Martin and Ellen Cranitch, and she has worked with traditional Irish musicians, amongst them Kathleen Loughnane and Maighread and Triona Ni Dhomhnaill, both in the context of performance and of translating Gaelic songs. Moya Cannon has edited Poetry Ireland Review and, in 2004, was elected to Aosdana, the Irish affiliation of creative artists. In 2011 she was the holder of the Heimbold Chair of Irish Studies at Villanova University, PA.
- Author(s)Moya Cannon
- PublisherCarcanet Press Ltd
- Date of Publication24/11/2011
- GenrePoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationManchester
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCarcanet Press Ltd
- Weight91 g
- Width135 mm
- Height216 mm
- Spine5 mm
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £2.41Trending at £3.94
- £8.66Trending at £8.86
- £12.06Trending at £12.31
- £7.27Trending at £9.97
- £7.19Trending at £9.99
- £7.33Trending at £7.81
- £7.25Trending at £9.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.