All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA parenting book that argues what really matters is helping children to grow up feeling secure and good about themselves, enabling them to gain positive self-esteem. Using key words such as 'praise', 'play', 'time', 'touch' and 'talk', it speaks to new and experienced parents alike about what helps children to develop and what blocks progress.
- Author BiographyElizabeth Hartley-Brewer is the author of two parenting skills programmes and four bestselling practical books on parenting; all of which are also published in the USA. She is a freelance journalist and writer in the UK, writing for leading national newspapers such as the London Times (parents page), the Independent (education features), the Observer (comment and focus pieces on social policy) and the Daily Telegraph (education). She has also contributed seminar papers on various aspects of children's mental health and learning to London University's Institute of Education and the Institute for Public Policy Research, a leading UK think tank.
- Author(s)Elizabeth Hartley-Brewer
- PublisherEbury Publishing
- Date of Publication07/04/2005
- GenrePregnancy & Parenting
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight172 g
- Width127 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Most relevant reviews
- karenb728004 Jul, 2011by
Fantastic book for any parent!
Fantastic book which gives really simple but wise advice to help with raising children in a positive way!
Best-selling in Family, Parenting & Relations
Save on Family, Parenting & Relations
- £4.00Trending at £4.83
- £8.32Trending at £8.64
- £3.89Trending at £5.81
- £9.78Trending at £10.70
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.