CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.12
- £6.82Trending at £9.98
- £23.12Trending at £34.99
- £14.94Trending at £18.99
- £10.01Trending at £10.66
- £24.21Trending at £25.19
- £25.99Trending at £28.57
About this product
- DescriptionIn every life context same-sex couples have to make decisions about disclosure, how to respond to prejudice, and how to cope with negative feelings about themselves and their experiences. This book helps couples work together to identify, develop, and use their strengths and skills to successfully navigate these issues and flourish.
- Author BiographySharon S. Rostosky, PhD, completed her PhD in Counseling Psychology at the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, USA in 1998. She is a Licensed Psychologist in the Commonwealth of Kentucky. She joined the Counseling Psychology program at the University of Kentucky in 1999, where she is currently Professor and Director of Training. She is co-founder (with Dr. Ellen Riggle) of PrismResearch.org, with whom she co-authored A Positive View of LGBTQ: Embracing Identity and Cultivating Well-Being (American Psychological Association Division 44 Distinguished Book Award, 2012). Her research, published in more than 60 peer-reviewed journal articles and presented in numerous workshops for professional and general audiences, focuses on minority stress and well-being in LGBTQ individuals and same-sex couples and was honored in 2010 with the APA Division 17 Social Justice Award. Ellen D. B. Riggle, PhD, is a professor in the Departments of Gender and Women's Studies and Political Science at the University of Kentucky, USA. She is co-author of A Positive View of LGBTQ: Embracing Identity and Cultivating Well-Being (American Psychological Association Division 44 Distinguished Book Award, 2012). She is the co-editor of Sexual Identity on the Job and Gays and Lesbians in the Democratic Process. She has also published more than 60 articles in peer-reviewed journals and book chapters. Dr. Riggle has conducted research, lectured and presented workshops on the impact of stigma on sexual minorities, legal status issues for same-sex couples, and the importance of positive well-being for LGBTQ individuals.
- Author(s)Ellen D. B. Riggle,Sharon Scales Rostosky
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication16/03/2015
- GenreMarriage, Family & Other Relationships
- Series TitleLifetools: Books for the General Public
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.