Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £2,300.00+ £50.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by penguinbooks2011
- See details for delivery est.
- £449.99+ £19.99 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by dr_ecology
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
People who bought this also bought
Other Fiction Books
Young Adults' Fiction Books
About this product
- DescriptionHarry Potter is an ordinary boy who lives in a cupboard under the stairs at his Aunt Petunia and Uncle Vernon's house, which he thinks is normal for someone like him who's parents have been killed in a 'car crash'. That is until an owl turns up with a letter addressed to Harry and all hell breaks loose.
- Author BiographyHarry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone was J.K. Rowling's first novel, followed by Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince and Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, as well as three books written for charity and inspired by the Harry Potter novels: Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Quidditch Through the Ages and The Tales of Beedle the Bard. The Harry Potter novels have now sold over 400 million copies worldwide and been translated into 70 languages. J.K. Rowling has generated huge popular appeal for her books across the generations in an unprecedented fashion: she was the first children's author to be voted the BA Author of the Year, and also to win the British Book Awards Author of the Year. J.K. Rowling lives with her family in Edinburgh.
- PrizesWinner of Whitaker Platinum Book Award 2001 and Smarties Book Prize Gold Award 1997 and Smarties Book Prize 9-11 Category 1997 and Whitbread Book of the Year Award Children's Novel Category 1997. Runner-up for The BBC Big Read Top 100 2003. Shortlisted for BBC Big Read Top 100 2003 and LA Carnegie Medal 1998 and Children's Book Award: Long Novel Category 1998 and Carnegie Medal 1998 and Guardian Children's Fiction Award 1998.
- Author(s)J. K. Rowling
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Date of Publication26/06/1997
- GenreChildren's Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBloomsbury Publishing PLC
- Out-of-print date02/09/2014
- Weight290 g
- Width129 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition StatementClassic ed
Most relevant reviews
- magdalen.d07 Sep, 2016by
adventure for the young, at heart too
A timeless book. It has cast a spell on many who enter it. Children of all ages have found a home for themselves beneath the covers. Also good for anyone who wishes to learn English. It is very simply written.
Verified purchase: Yes | Condition: Pre-owned
- loverofeevee192...02 Mar, 2012by
Good book worth reading
Haven't read the book yet but love the movie. Always interested in getting the book collection and seeing what differences there are between books and movies
- headex13124 Apr, 2011by
This is the first title in the series of seven. The films are good but you can't really know the story of Harry and co unless you read the books and yes, they are childrens stories but also completely captivating for adults. Pure escapism! These books have made me laugh out loud and on more than one occasion shed a few tears. I love this story and have read it probably five times now and I treasure each of the Potter books. Go on, give 'em a go!
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Children's Fiction
Save on Children's Fiction
- £7.00Trending at £8.41
- £9.39Trending at £9.54
- £6.17Trending at £6.23
- £2.80Trending at £3.01
- £4.99Trending at £5.58
- £3.50Trending at £3.52
- £4.98Trending at £4.99