CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.22Trending at £9.29
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.68
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the complex interplay between racial fears and anxieties and the political-visual cultures of suspicion and state terror. This work helps readers to consider how media technologies are haunted by the phantom of racial slavery. It is an exploration of the legacies of black visual culture and the political, deeply sexualized violence.
- Author BiographyDavid Marriott is an associate professor in the History of Consciousness Department at the University of California, Santa Cruz. He is the author of Incognegro and On Black Men.
- Author(s)David Marriott
- PublisherRutgers University Press
- Date of Publication27/03/2007
- GenreSociology & Anthropology: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew Brunswick, NJ
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintRutgers University Press
- Content Note6 b&w illustrations
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.