All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jeffrey Ryan,Tanveer Islam
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication01/09/2015
- GenreSocial Issues, Services & Welfare
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Weight1160 g
- Width191 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsForeword PART 1: MITIGATION FRAMEWORK Chapter 1 - Introduction Chapter 2 - Mitigation Rules and Regulations Chapter 3 - The Role of Governments in Hazard Mitigation Chapter 4 - Mitigation in Private Sector PART 2: RISK ASSESSMENTS Chapter 5 - Hazard Identification - Natural Hazards Chapter 6 - Hazard Identification - Man-made Hazards Chapter 7 - Vulnerability Assessment and Impact Analysis Chapter 8 - Threat and Hazard Identification and Risk Assessment (THIRA) PART 3: MITIGATION STRATEGIES, TOOLS AND TECHNIQUES Chapter 9 - Mitigation Strategies for Natural Hazards Chapter 10 - Mitigation Strategies for Man-made Hazards Chapter 11 - Mitigation Tools Chapter 12 - Mitigation Best Practices and Resources Epilogue - Tying it All Together
- Author BiographyTanveer Islam is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Emergency Management at Jacksonville State University, where he teaches hazard mitigation, community resilience and GIS courses. He received a PhD in land use planning from Texas Tech University and did postdoctoral research at Texas A&M marine branch in Galveston and at the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration's (NOAA) Environmental Cooperative Science Center. He is also a certified floodplain manager. Mr. Ryan is a retired US Army officer and currently a Professor at Jacksonville State University's Department of Emergency Management within the Institute of Emergency Preparedness. The program provide instruction on various aspects of emergency preparedness with a focus on terrorism, Weapons of Mass Destruction, medical aspects of emergency management, public health preparedness, biodefense, and biosecurity. His research interests are biothreat pathogen detection, agro-terrorism and the role of military forces in disaster response and humanitarian assistance. Since 2003, Professor Ryan has also served as Managing Director of Quetzal Consulting, Inc. a private firm specializing in a wide array of consultative services related to biothreat pathogen detection, tropical diseases research, course development, diagnostics development, marketing and product management. Services are provided to the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, defense contractors (SAIC, GeoCenters and EAI) and biotechnology and diagnostics companies, among others.
Best-selling in Society & Education
Save on Society & Education
- £13.70Trending at £14.52
- £9.28Trending at £17.50
- £25.40Trending at £27.06
- £25.05Trending at £27.57
- £22.37Trending at £25.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.