CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Travel Guides & Travel Stories
Save on Travel Guides & Travel Stories
- £9.91Trending at £13.98
- £11.90Trending at £15.18
- £19.38Trending at £30.00
- £11.70Trending at £13.78
- £10.41Trending at £14.52
- £10.53Trending at £12.34
- £11.98Trending at £15.22
About this product
- DescriptionThis book undertakes the difficult task of assembling an objective and holistic picture of human aging, including the physical aspects of aging, chronic disease, and health promotion in the later years, for students and professionals. The authors provide comprehensive, multi-disciplinary coverage of the demography of the aging population, theories of aging, and physical aging, including normal age-related changes, disease-related processes, and promotion of optimal aging. They also cover psychosocial aspects of aging, including mental health, stress and coping, and spirituality, as well as care giving in later years.
- Author BiographyDr. Carolyn Aldwin is Chair of the Department of Human Development and Family Sciences at Oregon State University in Corvallis. Prior to that, she was Professor of Human and Community Development at the University of California, Davis. She received her doctorate from the University of California at San Francisco, was a post-doctoral fellow in the Program in Social Ecology at the University of California at Irvine, and spent five years at the Veterans Administration Normative Aging Study in Boston. She still collaborates with investigators on this study, and directs the Davis Longitudinal Study. She is currently co-editor for Psychology and Health, and was associate editor for the Journal of Personality and Social Psychology. Her research on health and aging has been funded by the National Institute of Aging. She is a fellow of the Gerontological Society of America, as well as the American Psychological Association in Divisions 20 (Adult Development and Aging) and 38 (Health Psychology). She is an avid cyclist and hiker. Dr. Gilmer is a Lecturer and Post-Graduate Researcher in the Department of Human and Community Development at the University of California, Davis. She received a Master of Science in Nursing at the University of Portland, Portland, Oregon, and a Master of Science in Education and a doctorate in Human Development at the University of California, Davis. She is certified as an adult/family nurse practitioner and has worked extensively with the elderly. Currently she teaches a course on Health and Aging at the University. She enjoys gardening, walking with her two springer spaniels, and sailing on San Francisco Bay with her husband and adult children.
- Author(s)Carolyn M. Aldwin,Diane Fox Gilmer
- PublisherSAGE Publications Inc
- Date of Publication01/07/2003
- GenrePopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationThousand Oaks
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSAGE Publications Inc
- Width187 mm
- Height231 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.