Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.79Trending at £5.18
- £5.38Trending at £5.49
- £9.08Trending at £9.24
- £9.60Trending at £11.14
- £15.50Trending at £18.95
- £13.65Trending at £14.06
- £9.35Trending at £10.38
About this product
- DescriptionThis book cogently demonstrates that scientific rigor and the goals of health promotion are less in conflict than commonly thought. The book synthesizes multiple traditions from countries throughout the Americas for a volume that is diverse yet unified.
- Author BiographyLouise Potvin has a doctorate in Public Health. She is professor at the Department of Social and Preventive Medicine, Universite de Montreal and researcher at the Interdisciplinary Health Research Group. She holds the CHSRF/CIHR Chair on Community Approaches and Health Inequalities, which aims at documenting how public health interventions in support of local social development contribute to the reduction of health inequalities in urban settings. Her main research interests are the evaluation of community health promotion program and how local social environments are conducive of health. She was a member of the WHO Working Group on the evaluation of health promotion.
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication12/02/2010
- GenreMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight494 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine18 mm
- Edited byDavid McQueen,Louise Potvin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement1st ed. Softcover of orig. ed. 2009
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.