All listings for this product
About this product
- Author(s)Jess Feist,John Updegraff,Linda Brannon
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication22/02/2013
- GenreSelf Improvement: General
- Place of PublicationBelmont, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintWadsworth Publishing Co Inc
- Weight1157 g
- Width210 mm
- Height262 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Edition Statement8th edition
- Table Of ContentsPart I: FOUNDATIONS OF HEALTH PSYCHOLOGY. 1. Introducing Health Psychology. 2. Conducting Health Research. 3. Seeking and Receiving Health Care. 4. Adhering to Healthy Behavior. Part II: STRESS, PAIN, AND COPING. 5. Defining, Measuring, and Managing Stress. 6. Understanding Stress, Immunity and Disease. 7. Understanding and Managing Pain. 8. Considering Alternative Approaches. Part III: BEHAVIOR AND CHRONIC DISEASE. 9. Behavioral Factors in Cardiovascular Disease. 10. Behavioral Factors in Cancer. 11. Living With Chronic Illness. Part IV: BEHAVIORAL HEALTH. 12. Smoking Tobacco. 13. Using Alcohol and Other Drugs. 14. Eating and Weight. 15. Exercising. Part V: LOOKING TOWARD THE FUTURE. 16. Future Challenges. Glossary.
- Author BiographyJohn Updegraff is a professor of social and health psychology in the Department of Psychological Sciences at Kent State University. Dr. Updegraff received his Ph.D. in Social Psychology from UCLA, under the mentorship of pioneering health psychologist Shelley Taylor. Dr. Updegraff is an expert in health behavior, health communication, stress, and coping, and is the recipient of multiple research grants from the National Institutes of Health. He is an acclaimed undergraduate instructor and his research appears in the field's top journals. Linda Brannon received her Ph.D. in human experimental psychology from the University of Texas at Austin. Dr. Brannon is a professor in the department of Psychology at McNeese State University in Lake Charles, Louisiana, where she has been teaching since receiving her doctorate. After becoming interested in the emerging field of health psychology, Brannon and co-author Jess Feist (late, of McNeese State University) co-authored the first edition of this text in the 1980s. They enjoyed expanding and developing the text along with the field for more than two decades. In addition to her work in health psychology, Dr. Brannon has authored a text on gender and is co-author of an introductory psychology text.
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £24.44Trending at £26.14
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.71
- £24.23Trending at £25.20
- £17.16Trending at £22.75
- £4.99Trending at £6.17
- £18.99Trending at £33.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.