All listings for this product
Best-selling in Health, Treatments & Medicine
Save on Health, Treatments & Medicine
- £13.30Trending at £13.53
- £11.65Trending at £13.99
- £13.45Trending at £16.42
- £6.95Trending at £7.07
- £11.09Trending at £12.99
- £12.58Trending at £17.98
- £8.50Trending at £8.98
About this product
- DescriptionHealth and Cognition in Old Age
- Author BiographyAnja K. Leist is a psychologist specializing in life-span development and social epidemiology. After finishing her PhD studies in psychology at the University of Trier, Germany, she has been working as postdoctoral research fellow at the University of Luxembourg, Luxembourg, and at the Erasmus Medical Center in Rotterdam, Netherlands. Her current research interests involve life-course influences on cognitive function and health in older age, and technology and aging. Jenni Kulmala has a PhD in gerontology and public health from the University of Jyvaskyla, Finland. She is currently working at the Gerontology Research Center (GEREC) and department of health sciences, University of Jyvaskyla, Finland. She also collaborates with University of Eastern Finland, Kuopio and Aging Research Center (ARC), Karolinska Institutet, Sweden. Her research interests involve sensory and cognitive functions, psychosocial symptoms and life-course epidemiology. Fredrica Nyqvist has a PhD in social policy from Abo Akademi University in Finland. She is now working as a senior researcher at the National Institute for Health and Welfare (THL), Finland. Within the FLARE fellowship she has established research collaboration with Umea University, Sweden and Northumbria University, UK. She has extensively investigated the application of social capital concept. Her current research explores inequalities in social capital, loneliness and well-being in an aging population and the role of social capital as a positive resource in older people's mental health.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication15/07/2014
- GenreMedicine: General
- Series TitleInternational Perspectives on Aging
- Series Part/Volume Number10
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note5 Illustrations, color; 13 Illustrations, black and white; XXI, 329 p. 18 illus., 5 illus. in color.
- Weight689 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Edited byAnja K. Leist,Fredrica Nyqvist,Jenni Kulmala
- Edition Statement2014 ed.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.