All listings for this product
Best-selling in Engineering & Technology
Save on Engineering & Technology
- £44.95Trending at £50.62
- £17.02Trending at £27.56
- £16.95Trending at £17.21
- £10.06Trending at £12.53
- £8.15Trending at £9.08
- £11.75Trending at £17.14
- £9.77Trending at £9.98
About this product
- Author(s)Bahman Zohuri
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication29/04/2016
- Language(s)English & English
- FormatMixed media product
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note208 black & white illustrations, 101 colour illustrations, 32 black & white tables, 90 colour tables, biography
- Weight973 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
- Table Of ContentsIntroduction.- Basic Principles of Heat Pipes and History.- Heat Pipe Theory and Modeling.- Mathematical Modeling and Available Computer Codes.- Application of Heat Pipes in Industry.- Heat Pipe Manufacturing.- Other Types of Heat Pipes.- Appendix A: Dimensional Equivalents and Physical Constants.- Appendix B: Properties of Solid Materials.- Appendix C: Properties of Fluids.- Appendix D: Different Heat Pipe Design Examples.- Index.
- Author BiographyDr. Bahman Zohuri is founder of Galaxy Advanced Engineering, Inc., a consulting company that he formed upon leaving the semiconductor and defense industries after many years as a Senior Process Engineer for corporations including Westinghouse and Intel, and then as Senior Chief Scientist at Lockheed Missile and Aerospace Corporation. During his time with Westinghouse Electric Corporation, he performed thermal hydraulic analysis and natural circulation for Inherent Shutdown Heat Removal System (ISHRS) in the core of a Liquid Metal Fast Breeder Reactor (LMFBR). While at Lockheed, he was responsible for the study of vulnerability, survivability and component radiation and laser hardening for Defense Support Program (DSP), Boost Surveillance and Tracking Satellites (BSTS) and Space Surveillance and Tracking Satellites (SSTS). He also performed analysis of characteristics of laser beam and nuclear radiation interaction with materials, Transient Radiation Effects in Electronics (TREE), Electromagnetic Pulse (EMP), System Generated Electromagnetic Pulse (SGEMP), Single-Event Upset (SEU), Blast and, Thermo-mechanical, hardness assurance, maintenance, and device technology. His consultancy clients have included Sandia National Laboratories, and he holds patents in areas such as the design of diffusion furnaces, and Laser Activated Radioactive Decay. He is the author of several books on heat transfer and directed energy weapons technologies.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.