All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £64.99Trending at £86.21
- £10.07Trending at £12.15
- £32.80Trending at £33.46
- £11.99Trending at £19.18
- £17.32Trending at £19.74
- £19.99Trending at £20.32
- £13.25Trending at £18.10
About this product
- Author(s)Richard Landes
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication08/09/2011
- GenreAlternative Belief Systems
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Weight799 g
- Width162 mm
- Height236 mm
- Spine38 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface ; Part I: Introduction: Roosters, Owls, Bats ; 1. The Varieties of the Millennial Experience ; 2. Roosters and Owls: On the Dynamics of the Apocalyptic Curve ; 3. Bats and Turkeys: Historians and Recovering of the Millennial Past ; Part II: Tribal Millennialism ; 4. Suicidal Millennialism: Xhosa Cattle Slaying (1856-7) ; 5. Commodity Millennialism: Papuan Cargo Cults (20th century) ; Part III: Agrarian Millennialism ; 6. Imperial Millennialism: Akhenaten (1360-47 BCE) ; 7. Murderous Millennialism: Taiping (1850-64 CE) ; Part IV: Modern (Secular) Millennialism ; 8. Civil Polities and the Dismantling of the Prime Divider ; 9. Democratic Millennialism: French Revolution (1789-1815) ; 10. Egalitarian Millennialism: Marxism (19th century) ; 11. Totalitarian Millennialism: Soviet Revolution (1917-35) ; 12. Genocidal Millennialism: Nazis (1933-45) ; Part V: Post-Modern Millennialism ; 13. Narcissistic Millennialism: UFOs (1946-) ; 14. Enraged Millennialism: Global Jihad (1979-) ; Conclusion: The Suicide of Reason at the Dawn of the Third Millennium?
- Author BiographyRichard Landes is Associate Professor of History and directed the Center for Millennial Studies at Boston University. He is the author of several books, and editor of The Apocalyptic Year 1000 and the Encyclopedia of Millennialism and Millennial Movements.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.