Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £4.50Trending at £4.85
- £4.65Trending at £4.85
- £9.18Trending at £12.99
- £11.28Trending at £13.98
- £9.60Trending at £9.71
- £37.82Trending at £49.99
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
About this product
- DescriptionIn the most influential chapter of his most important philosophical work, the Phenomenology of Spirit , Hegel makes the central and disarming assertions that 'self-consciousness is desire itself' and that it attains its 'satisfaction' only in another self-consciousness. This book presents a fresh interpretation of these revolutionary claims.
- Author BiographyRobert B. Pippin is the Evelyn Stefansson Nef Distinguished Service Professor in the John U. Nef Committee on Social Thought and in the Department of Philosophy at the University of Chicago. His books include Hegel's Practical Philosophy: Rational Agency as Ethical Life and Henry James and Modern Moral Life .
- Author(s)Robert B. Pippin
- PublisherPrinceton University Press
- Date of Publication26/12/2010
- Series TitlePrinceton Monographs in Philosophy
- Place of PublicationNew Jersey
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPrinceton University Press
- Weight28 g
- Width140 mm
- Height216 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.