All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionGus Crabb, a dealer in bric-a-brac, is the only other resident until, to the Nautilus, like a hermit crab seeking a home, comes Rowena Snow. Of Indian/Scottish parentage, orphaned, without family or friends, Rowena is in search of her own Utopia - or the Heligoland of her childhood imagination.
- Author BiographyShena Mackay was born in Edinburgh. She is the author of five collections of stories - Babies in Rhinestones, Dreams of Dead Women's Handbags, The Laughing Academy, The World's Smallest Unicorn and The Atmospheric Railway: New and Selected Stories. Her novels include Dunedin, The Orchard on Fire (which was shortlisted for the 1996 Booker Prize) and The Artist's Widow.
- PrizesShort-listed for Orange Prize for Fiction 2003 and Whitbread Prize (Novel) 2003.
- Author(s)Shena Mackay
- PublisherVintage Publishing
- Date of Publication01/01/2004
- GenreGeneral & Literary Fiction
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2004
- Out-of-print date10/09/2016
- Weight158 g
- Width131 mm
- Height199 mm
- Spine14 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in General & Literary Fiction
Save on General & Literary Fiction
- £4.89Trending at £8.99
- £5.29Trending at £8.99
- £5.43Trending at £9.04
- £7.92Trending at £10.98
- £4.99Trending at £8.99
- £6.99Trending at £8.99
- £6.27Trending at £7.99
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.