All listings for this product
Best-selling in History & Military
Save on History & Military
- £23.41Trending at £23.80
- £27.00Trending at £39.33
- £22.86Trending at £23.07
- £24.31Trending at £34.45
- £24.47Trending at £36.53
- £17.32Trending at £17.73
- £11.79Trending at £14.69
About this product
- DescriptionInvestigates the literary, linguistic, historical, epigraphic, and other contexts of Hellenistic epigrams in themed chapters through analyses of individual epigrams.
- Author BiographyFrancis Cairns held the Chairs of Latin at the University of Liverpool and of Latin Language and Literature at the University of Leeds before moving in 2000 to his present position as Professor of Classical Languages at Florida State University. His earlier books are Generic Composition in Greek and Roman Poetry (1972), Tibullus: A Hellenistic Poet at Rome (Cambridge, 1979), Virgil's Augustan Epic (Cambridge, 1989), Sextus Propertius: The Augustan Elegist (Cambridge, 2006), Papers on Roman Elegy (1969-2003) (2007) and Roman Lyric (2012).
- Author(s)Francis Cairns
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication20/10/2016
- GenreAncient History
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Weight860 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine30 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.