All listings for this product
Best-selling in The Arts
Save on The Arts
- £3.37Trending at £3.46
- £4.40Trending at £4.70
- £11.79Trending at £12.72
- £10.40Trending at £11.17
- £6.01Trending at £6.10
- £10.61Trending at £15.05
- £4.22Trending at £7.99
About this product
- DescriptionLuxurious, beautiful, and portable, tapestry was the pre-eminent art form of the Tudor court. Henry VIII amassed an unrivaled collection over the course of his reign. This work weaves the history of this collection into the life of its owner with a narrative style. It also includes photographs that recreates Europe's greatest tapestry collection.
- Author BiographyThomas P. Campbell is Curator in the Department of European Sculpture and Decorative Arts and Supervising Curator of the Antonio Ratti Textile Center at The Metropolitan Museum of Art. He is the principal author of Tapestry in the Renaissance: Art and Magnificence (2002) and editor of Tapestry in the Baroque: Threads of Splendor (see page 29).
- PrizesWinner of William M. B. Berger Prize for British Art History 2008.
- Author(s)Thomas P. Campbell
- PublisherYale University Press
- Date of Publication01/10/2007
- GenreFine Arts / Art History
- Place of PublicationNew Haven
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintYale University Press
- Content Note114 b-w + 206 color illus.
- Weight2494 g
- Width215 mm
- Height279 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.