All listings for this product
Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £113.00Trending at £117.16
- £100.00Trending at £103.09
- £12.49Trending at £13.24
- £5.40Trending at £5.98
- £15.98Trending at £16.68
- £9.97Trending at £13.18
- £6.99Trending at £7.07
About this product
- DescriptionExamines the various aspects of Herakles' myth, representations in literature and art, monographs and articles, and presents an account of Herakles. This book highlights areas of consensus and dissent in the theories, and the discussion on Herakles. It is suitable for students of classics and related disciplines.
- Author BiographyEmma Stafford is Senior Lecturer in Classics at the University of Leeds. Her research and teaching interests lie in Greek cultural history, especially religion, myth and art. She is author of Worshipping Virtues: Personification and the Divine in Ancient Greece (2000), and Life, Myth and Art in Ancient Greece (2004), and co-editor of Personification in the Greek World (2005). She has also written numerous articles on Greek religion and iconography.
- Author(s)Emma Stafford
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication28/11/2011
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleGods and Heroes of the Ancient World
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note7 black & white illustrations, 18 black & white halftones
- Weight453 g
- Width138 mm
- Height216 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.