CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £23.98Trending at £24.50
- £26.30Trending at £26.87
- £17.51Trending at £17.84
- £20.30Trending at £26.98
- £16.38Trending at £16.77
- £20.87Trending at £21.09
- £21.83Trending at £22.50
About this product
- DescriptionMarriage among the Maya of Central America is a model of complementarity between a man and a woman. This union demands mutual respect and mutual service. Yet some husbands beat their wives. This book examines the lives of several Mopan Maya women in Belize. It explores Mayan women's strategies for enduring, escaping, and avoiding abuse.
- Author BiographyLaura J. McClusky is Professor of Sociology and Anthropology at Wells College.
- Author(s)Laura J. McCluskey
- PublisherUniversity of Texas Press
- Date of Publication15/08/2001
- GenreGender Studies / Gay & Lesbian Studies
- Series TitleLouann Atkins Temple Women & Culture Series
- Place of PublicationAustin, TX
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Texas Press
- Content Note8 halftones, 5 line drawings
- Weight794 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.