All listings for this product
Best-selling in Literature, Poetry & Criticism
Save on Literature, Poetry & Criticism
- £7.21Trending at £7.98
- £9.99Trending at £13.99
- £12.21Trending at £12.23
- £11.59Trending at £14.75
- £6.91Trending at £8.87
- £7.43Trending at £8.91
- £8.06Trending at £9.27
About this product
- DescriptionHesiod's Works and Days was often performed in its entirety, but was also relentlessly excerpted, quoted, and reapplied. This volume situates the poem within these two modes of reading and argues that the text itself sustains both treatments, advocating not blind adherence to Hesiod's teachings but thinking for oneself and working for one's lesson.
- Author BiographyLilah Grace Canevaro is Leverhulme Early Career Fellow in Classics at the University of Edinburgh.
- Author(s)Lilah Grace Canevaro
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication16/04/2015
- Language(s)English & Greek, Ancient (to 1453)
- GenreLiterary Criticism
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight476 g
- Width141 mm
- Height221 mm
- Spine25 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.