Consider these sponsored items
- £35.49Free postage
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionBeginning with a short history of horseshoeing, this book traces its origins to pre-Christian times. It then move on to explain the underlying structure of the horse's front and hind legs. It includes a chapter on shoemaking that contains practical exercises, each one illustrated with step-by-step photographic principles of their craft.
- Author BiographyColonel John Hickman, MA, FRCVS, Hon.FWCF, was Emeritus Reader in Animal Surgery of the University of Cambridge. He served in the Royal Army Veterinary Corps from 1936 to 1947 and was Honorary Colonel Commandant from 1970 to 1979. He was the founder president of the British Equine Veterinary Asociation and the first editor of the Equine Veterinary Journal. He wrote Veterinary Othopaedics, was co-author of An Atlas of Veterinary Surgery and edited Horse Management and Equine Surgery and Medicine. Colonel Hickman died in 2000. Martin Humphrey, BVMS, MRCVS, Dip., WCF, qualified as a veterinary surgeon from Glasgow University in 1979. He worked in general and equine practice, developing a special interest in lameness. In 1983 he achieved the farriery qualification of Dip.WCF by examination. He was awarded a British Equine Veterinary Association Trust travel scholarship to study farriery in North America. He now has a busy farriery practice in Hertfordshire which combines with his continued involvement in veterinary practice.
- Author(s)John Hickman,M. Humphrey,Martin Humphrey
- PublisherThe Crowood Press Ltd
- Date of Publication01/12/1988
- GenrePets & Equine
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintJ.A.Allen & Co Ltd
- Content Noteline drawings, photographs
- Weight820 g
- Width164 mm
- Height241 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
Save on Leisure, Hobbies & Lifestyle
- £2.95Trending at £3.04
- £1.50Trending at £1.52
- £1.89Trending at £1.93
- £15.98Trending at £18.38
- £8.63Trending at £9.89
- £13.66Trending at £18.95
- £20.77Trending at £30.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.