Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £6.95+ £4.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by bellasalute
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- £3.18+ £3.49 P&P
- Very Good condition
- Sold by dvddemon
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSuburban couple Georges (Daniel Auteuil, JEAN DE FLORETTE) and Anne Laurent (Juliette Binoche, THE ENGLISH PATIENT) become the unwitting victims of an elaborate blackmail plot in this taught psychological thriller from master of suspense Michael Haneke (FUNNY GAMES). Georges, a television presenter, starts receiving anonymous packages containing videotapes of himself and his family secretly filmed from across the street. As the content of the packages becomes ever more threatening and personal, he begins to suspect that the perpetrator is someone he knows from his childhood. However as no crime has actually been committed, the police refuse to get involved, leaving Georges to take matters into his own hands. In doing so, he is forced to confront the ghosts from his past.
- Leading Role 1Daniel Auteuil
- Director 1Michael Haneke
- Leading Role 2Juliette Binoche
- Leading Role 3Maurice Benichou
- Additional Roles byAnnie Girardot,Bernard Le Coq,Denis Podalydes,Daniel Duval,Aissa Maiga,Nathalie Richard
- ScreenwriterMichael Haneke
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenrePsychological
- Subtitle LanguagesEnglish
- Running Time113 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- boscando16 Jul, 2013by
French arthouse, very good but only for those who like their films slow.
This is a wonderful, dark and unsettling film. It may be slow, and you may think not much happens, but it will make you think.
- hovisiii09 Jul, 2011by
Absolutely horrendous film - don't waste time watching it! Nothing really happens or gets explained and the ending is frustrating to say the least - wouldn't give the film to my worst enemy!
- renzfab411 Nov, 2010by
Rating C - After all the hype and praise regarding this film i was really looking forward to watching this. All I can say is what a disappointment. I usually love thought provoking films but this just didn't do it for me. Nothing happened. I totally understood what the film was trying to do, but it was just plain boring. CCCCCCCCC
- thelonegunman7421 Jul, 2008by
unnerving throughout, sometimes truly shocking. Haneke blurs the boundaries of reality and media with viscious jump cuts providing jolts to our perception. Someone is always watching, the question is who?
- db_publications03 Jun, 2008by
Requires an open mind
If your idea of a satisfying film is a formulaic plot with all the devices to keep those with a short attention span engaged then look elsewhere. If you truely enjoy something that will challenge you and the movie industry in one fell swoop, will mesmerize, occasionally shock (this does contain one of the most shocking moments my partner and I had ever witnessed if you're attentive and follow carefully) then you are in for a real treat. If you're still dazed and confused at the end, watch the interview with director Michael Haneke afterwards. Think outside the box - watch Hidden.
Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.90Trending at £9.73
- £16.85Trending at £19.49
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £6.44Trending at £9.98
- £5.94Trending at £10.00
- £4.95Trending at £5.36
- £19.22Trending at £20.70