All listings for this product
Best-selling in Manuals & Resources
Save on Manuals & Resources
- £11.28Trending at £14.02
- £9.42Trending at £13.02
- £9.60Trending at £11.18
- £13.65Trending at £14.12
- £12.17Trending at £13.80
- £5.28Trending at £5.79
- £6.50Trending at £8.00
About this product
- DescriptionA stunning art book, but far more. In addition to glittering reproductions, details and working drawings of the ten mammoth pieces in this award-winning series about Esther of the Bible, the book features the artist's own story, illuminating her journey from war-torn Romania to Israel to Canada, what drew her to Esther and mosaics as a medium.
- Author BiographyLilian Broca Following graduation from the Pratt Institute in New York, Vancouver artist Lilian Broca produced a prodigious body of work, including an acclaimed series of drawings and paintings on the theme of Lilith, the subject also of a book co-authored with the celebrated Canadian writer Joy Kogawa. Among other awards, Broca s mosaics won a coveted Lorenzo il Magnifico Gold Medal at the 2003 Florence Biennale International Exhibition. Yosef Wosk Former Adjunct Professor of Humanities and Director of Interdisciplinary Programs at Simon Fraser University, Vancouver, rabbi and scholar Yosef Wosk created the now international Philosophers' CafAA(c) and the Canadian Academy of Independent Scholars. He has been widely honored for his many contributions to education, the arts, libraries, heritage preservation, philanthropy, and religion. Sheila Campbell Archaeologist, art historian, and curator Sheila Campbell has published widely on ancient and contemporary mosaics and Byzantine art. A Professor Emerita at the Pontifical Institute of Mediaeval Studies, Toronto, she has curated many exhibitions, including a showcase of the Scuola Mosaicisti del Friuli, Italy, at the Royal Ontario Museum.
- Author(s)Lilian Broca
- PublisherGefen Publishing House
- Date of Publication01/11/2011
- GenreHandicrafts, Arts & Crafts
- Place of PublicationJerusalem
- Country of PublicationIsrael
- ImprintGefen Publishing House
- Weight1494 g
- Width255 mm
- Height305 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.