CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.04
- £9.22Trending at £9.29
- £24.56Trending at £25.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.76
- £28.00Trending at £30.19
- £15.72Trending at £15.91
About this product
- Author(s)Wolfgang Hackbusch
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication29/11/2015
- Series TitleSpringer Series in Computational Mathematics
- Series Part/Volume Number49
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note60 black & white illustrations, 27 colour illustrations, biography
- Weight967 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Table Of ContentsPreface.- Part I: Introductory and Preparatory Topics.- 1. Introduction.- 2. Rank-r Matrices.- 3. Introductory Example.- 4. Separable Expansions and Low-Rank Matrices.- 5. Matrix Partition.- Part II: H-Matrices and Their Arithmetic.- 6. Definition and Properties of Hierarchical Matrices.- 7. Formatted Matrix Operations for Hierarchical Matrices.- 8. H2-Matrices.- 9. Miscellaneous Supplements.- Part III: Applications.- 10. Applications to Discretised Integral Operators.- 11. Applications to Finite Element Matrices.- 12. Inversion with Partial Evaluation.- 13. Eigenvalue Problems.- 14. Matrix Functions.- 15. Matrix Equations.- 16. Tensor Spaces.- Part IV: Appendices.- A. Graphs and Trees.- B. Polynomials.- C. Linear Algebra and Functional Analysis.- D. Sinc Functions and Exponential Sums.- E. Asymptotically Smooth Functions.- References.- Index.
- Author BiographyThe author is a very well-known author of Springer, working in the field of numerical mathematics for partial differential equations and integral equations. He has published numerous books in the SSCM series, e.g., about the multi-grid method, about the numerical analysis of elliptic pdes, about iterative solution of large systems of equation, and a book in German about the technique of hierarchical matrices. Hackbusch is member of the editorial board of Springer' s book series Advances in Numerical Mathematics , The International Cryogenics Monograph Series and has now joined as new member of the editorial board of Springer Series of Computational Mathematics .
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.