Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.83Trending at £6.09
- £6.82Trending at £9.97
- £23.12Trending at £34.97
- £14.94Trending at £18.97
- £10.01Trending at £10.65
- £24.19Trending at £25.18
- £25.99Trending at £28.47
About this product
- DescriptionDiscusses how nanostructured materials can be applied to energy devices, with an emphasis on the process of generation to storage and consumption.
- Author BiographyProfessor Grigoropoulos is based at University of California at Berkeley. Current research interests are in laser materials processing and micro/nanomachining, fundamental investigation of rapid change of phase transformations and ultra-fast laser interactions with materials, thin film crystal growth for the fabrication of high-definition flat panel displays and large area electronics, microscale fuel cells, hydrogen storage, microscale fluid mechanics. Established the Laser Thermal Laboratory, credited with innovative experimental studies and state of the art computational and theoretical modeling. Conducted research at the Mechanical Engineering Sciences Laboratory of the Xerox Webster Research Center, the IBM Almaden Research Center, the Institute of Electronic Structure and Laser (IESL-FORTH), Greece. Publications: 125 research papers in archival Journals, 9 research review chapters, 3 patents, 1 monograph Transport in Laser Microfabrication, to appear with Cambridge University Press (2008). Honors and Awards: Fellow of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers. Miller Professor for Basic Research in Science (1999). Visiting Professor at ETH, Zurich, Switzerland (2000, 2009). Associate Editor of Journal of Heat Transfer (2002-2005). Associate Editor of International Journal of Heat and Mass Transfer (2002 - ), Heat Transfer Memorial Award (2007).
- PublisherRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Date of Publication01/12/2013
- GenreTechnology: General & Reference
- Series TitleNanoscience & Nanotechnology Series
- Series Part/Volume Number35
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintRoyal Society of Chemistry
- Weight643 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Edited byCostas P. Grigoropoulos,Seung H. Ko
- Series Edited byRalph Nuzzo,Harry Kroto,Joao Rocha
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.