All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionProvides a review in the field of high entropy alloys (HEA). This book presents the fundamental knowledge present in the field, the spectrum of various alloy systems and their characteristics studied to date, current key focus areas, and the future scope of the field in terms of research and technological applications.
- Author BiographyDr. B.S. Murty is a Professor, Department of Metallurgical and Materials Engineering, IIT Madras, Chennai, India. He has pioneered the synthesis of nanocrystalline materials by mechanical alloying route. His other important contributions are in the field of bulk metallic glasses and in-situ composites. He has co-authrored a Text Book on Nanoscience and Nanotechnology. He has also made significant contributions to the field of high-entropy alloys. Dr. J.W. Yeh is a Professor, Department of Materials Science and Engineering, National Tsing Hua University, Hsinchu, Taiwan, R.O.C. He is the first to propose the concept of HEAs and HE-related materials. He has dug into this field for more than 18 years. His other important contributions are in the field of high-strength Al and Mg alloys, metal-matrix composites, rapid solidification, and reciprocating extrusion. Dr. Srinivasa Ranganathan is NASI Platinum Jubilee Fellow at the Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore. His academic career as an educator and researcher in metallurgy for the past four decades at the Banaras Hindu University and the Indian Institute of Science has been stellar. He has made significant contributions to our understanding of the structure of interfaces, quasicrystals, bulk metallic glasses and nanostructured materials. He has co-authored a book on New Geometries for New Materials.
- Author(s)B.S. Murty,Jien-Wei Yeh,S. Ranganathan
- PublisherElsevier Science & Technology
- Date of Publication24/06/2014
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintButterworth-Heinemann Ltd
- Weight320 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.06Trending at £9.18
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.