High Performance Web Sites: Essential Knowledge for Front-end Engineers by Steve Souders (Paperback, 2007)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- £15.49+ £1.00 P&P
- New condition
- Sold by books_discount
- See details for delivery est.
- £4.47Free P&P
- Acceptable condition
- Sold by worldofbooks08
- Est. delivery by 28 Aug
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPresents 14 specific rules that will cut 20 per cent to 25 per cent off response time when users request a page on web.
- Author BiographySteve Souders holds down the job of Chief Performance Yahoo! at Yahoo! He's been at Yahoo! since 2000, working on many of the platforms and products within the company He ran the development team for My Yahoo! before reaching his current position.As Chief Performance Yahoo!, he has developed a set of best practices for making web sites faster. He builds tools for performance analysis and evangelizes these best practices and tools across Yahoo!'s product teams.Prior to Yahoo!, Steve worked at several small to mid-sized startups, including two companies he co-founded, Helix Systems and CoolSync. He also worked at General Magic, WhoWhere?, and Lycos. In the early 1980s Steve caught the Artificial Intelligence bug and worked at a few companies doing research on Machine Learning. He received a BS in Systems Engineering from the University of Virginia and a MS in Management Science and Engineering from Stanford University.Steve's interests are varied. He sits on the board of Freehand Systems and Fremont Hills Country Club, and teaches Sunday School. He's played basketball with several NBA and WNBA players, but has recently retired and switched to Ultimate Frisbee. He was a member of the Universal Studios Internet Task Force, has rebuilt a 90-year-old carriage house, and participated in setting a Guinness world record. He has a wonderful wife and three daughters.
- Author(s)Steve Souders
- PublisherO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Date of Publication27/09/2007
- GenreComputing: Professional & Programming
- Place of PublicationSebastopol
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintO'Reilly Media, Inc, USA
- Content Note1, black & white illustrations
- Weight282 g
- Width178 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £19.50Trending at £25.27
- £9.24Trending at £10.97
- £26.45Trending at £27.74
- £19.99Trending at £22.62
- £30.79Trending at £34.30
- £21.79Trending at £22.07
- £28.00Trending at £30.27
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.