All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHigh mountains, polar expanses, volcanic peaks are exciting and special environments. This book explores different aspects of these environments - disorientation, exploration, native knowledge, polar research. It is suitable for geographers, historians of science, and those interested in polar/mountain studies, landscape, culture and environment.
- Author BiographyThe late Denis Cosgrove was Alexander von Humboldt Professor of Geography at the University of California, Los Angeles. His recent books include Geography and Vision: Seeing, Imagining and Representing the World (I.B.Tauris, 2008); Apollo's Eye: A Cartographic Genealogy of the Earth in the Western Imagination (2001); and, as editor, Mappings (1999). Veronica della Dora is Lecturer in Geography at the University of Bristol.
- Author(s)Denis E. Cosgrove,Veronica Della Dora
- PublisherI.B.Tauris & Co Ltd.
- Date of Publication30/10/2008
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note53 b/w
Best-selling in Environment, Nature & Earth
Save on Environment, Nature & Earth
- £17.42Trending at £20.29
- £23.48Trending at £24.50
- £20.52Trending at £21.10
- £13.79Trending at £18.95
- £11.24Trending at £12.99
- £19.26Trending at £25.89
- £8.82Trending at £8.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.