CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.08Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £17.89Trending at £19.30
About this product
- Author(s)Donald M. Fryer,John F. Harvey
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication27/09/2012
- GenreMechanical Engineering
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Notebiography
- Weight367 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1998
- Table Of ContentsPreface. Nomenclature. Introduction. General. Economic considerations and cost reduction. Stress significance. Factors of safety and their optimum value. Stresses and deformation: Thin wall vessels. Thick wall vessels. Cylinders, spheres, and other shapes. Stresses and deflections. Shrink fit stresses in built-up cylinders. Other structural types. Effect of poisson's ratio. Partial yielding. Autofrettage and Bauschinger effect. Thermal stresses due to temperature transients. Theories of material failure. Materials and environment. Ductile tensile test, strain hardening exponent, etc. True and engineering strain. Stress/failure theories: tresca, von Mises, etc. Cyclic service influence. Endurance limit phylosophy. ASME code type fatigue curves. Problems with fatigue analysis. Toughness, quantifying it, and temperature influence. Material quality and crack initiation. Crack growth versus stress. Critical crack size and crack arrest. Environmental effects. Cumulative damage. Specific design and construction. Features of high pressure vessels. Openings and cross bores. Attachment and connection techniques. Closures: threaded and non-threaded. Stress concentration effects. Sealing techniques. Hazards and safety. General. Calculating estimated confined energy. Barrier sizing. An alternative. Basis for establishing examination period. Creating and examination program. Evaluation and record keeping. Analysis techniques: features and limitations. Traditional manual methods. Finite element studies. Iterative concepts. SI conversions. References. Index.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.