Save on Adult Learning & University
- £16.49Trending at £21.06
- £9.10Trending at £9.22
- £7.44Trending at £8.98
- £10.89Trending at £12.35
- £10.46Trending at £14.17
- £15.43Trending at £24.34
- £15.84Trending at £19.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive account of the last ten years' scientific results on high-redshift galaxies summarizes and critically discusses the wealth of observational data as well as the methods which made it possible to study these distant and faint objects.
- Author BiographyProf. Immo Appenzeller is the emeritus director of the Heidelberg Observatory (Landessternwarte Heidelberg). From 1994 - 1997 he served as General Secretary of the International Astronomical Union. He was PI or CO of various large national and international instrumentation and research projects. His current main research topics are very distant (young) galaxies, active galaxies and QSOs, massive luminous stars, cosmic X-ray sources, astronomical instrumentation.
- Author(s)Immo Appenzeller
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. KG
- Date of Publication01/01/2009
- GenreAstronomy, Space & Time
- Series TitleAstronomy and Astrophysics Library
- Place of PublicationBerlin
- Country of PublicationGermany
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag Berlin and Heidelberg GmbH & Co. K
- Content Note4 black & white tables, biography
- Weight612 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.