CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
More items related to this product
Best-selling in Textbooks & Education
Save on Textbooks & Education
- £7.23Trending at £9.67
- £17.99Trending at £19.52
- £5.24Trending at £6.20
- £21.49Trending at £23.73
- £7.47Trending at £8.11
- £8.23Trending at £11.91
- £12.99Trending at £18.38
About this product
- DescriptionKicking off with the story of the original 'soccer czar', Sir Henry Norris, who bulldozed through opposition on many levels to move Woolwich Arsenal to rth London (and probably taught many subsequent chairman everything they knew on that score), Jon Spurling's all-encompassing history of Arsenal's time at Highbury features testimony from everyone: from the peanut sellers, turnstile operators, local publicans and fans, through to the likes of Bob Wilson, Liam Brady, George Graham and Lee Dixon. This is a warts-and-all look at the last century in the club's history, telling the story of local opposition to the club's move (1913), through the construction of the impressive art deco East and West stands in the thirties, the assembling of the various title-winning sides and culminating in the story of local opposition to the club's move (2004). Having written three previous titles on Arsenal's history, Jon Spurling is well placed to produce this definitive volume.
- Author BiographyJon Spurling is a regular contributor to FourFourTwo and When Saturday Comes magazines. He is the author of three previous books on Arsenal: two histories of the club in the 1980s and 1990s, as well as Rebels for the Cause: The Alternative History of Arsenal (Mainstream 2003).
- Author(s)Jon Spurling
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication01/03/2007
- SubjectBall Games: Field & Outdoor
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Out-of-print date24/10/2013
- Content Note24
- Weight545 g
- Width153 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.