Best-selling in Adult Learning & University
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £17.73Trending at £20.11
- £9.22Trending at £9.33
- £24.56Trending at £25.98
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £19.99Trending at £23.85
- £28.00Trending at £30.30
- £15.72Trending at £15.97
About this product
- Author(s)Stephen Gough,William Scott
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Ltd
- Date of Publication29/06/2009
- GenreAdult & Further Education
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Content Note4 black & white tables, 11 black & white line drawings
- Weight317 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Table Of Contents1. What is Higher Education For? 2. Sustainable Development and the Free Society 3. Sustaining Development 4. Case Study 1: An International Initiative in Higher Education Management: University Leaders for a Sustainable Future (ULSF) 5. Case Study 2: A United Nations Environment Programme Initiative: Mainstreaming Environment and Sustainability in African Universities (MESA) 6. Case Study 3: A Unesco initiative: Re-orienting teacher education to address sustainability 7. Case Study 4: Sustainable Development and Higher Education Management: the work of the Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE) 8. Case Study 5: Russian Interpretation of Sustainability and its Reflection in Higher Education 9. Case Study 6: Sustainability in Management Education: an initiative in sustainable procurement training 10. Case Study 7: Sustainability in Engineering Education: the Royal Academy of Engineering Visiting Professors Scheme 11. The Case Studies: clarity and confusion 12. The Environment in Sustainable Development and Higher Education 13. Society in Sustainable Development and Higher Education 14. Economy in Sustainable Development and Higher Education 15. Individual Learning in Higher Education 16. Collective Learning in Higher Education 17. Linking Learning and Research 18. Managing Sustainable Development in Higher Education: context and principles 19. Managing Change 20. Managing across the Organisational Boundary 21. Higher Education and Sustainable Development: an identity of interest?
- Author BiographyDr Stephen Gough is Senior Lecturer in Education and a member of the Centre for Research in Education and the Environment at the University of Bath. He is currently researching the role of learning in sustainable procurement management in a project funded by the UK's National Health Service Purchasing and Supply Agency (NHSPASA). He is a Fellow of the Royal Geographical Society. He has extensive experience of research in environmental and sustainability education around the world and is a member of the International Editorial Board of the Journal Environmental Education Research. Dr William Scott is a Professor of Education at the University of Bath where he directs the Centre for Research in Education and the Environment. He edits the international refereed academic journals: Environmental Education Research, and Assessment and Evaluation in Higher Education, is a Fellow of the Royal Society of Arts, and works with local and national NGOs with interests in environmental, conservation and sustainability issues. William Scott has conducted a range of research, development and evaluation studies on behalf of government, industry, NGOs and other agencies in this country and abroad, most significantly with WWF.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.