All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionReview papers from experts in areas of active research into highly oscillatory problems, with an emphasis on computation.
- Author BiographyBjorn Engquist currently holds the Computational and Applied Mathematics Chair I at the University of Texas at Austin, as well as a chair in numerical analysis at the Royal Institute of Technology in Stockholm. He is a member of the Royal Swedish Academy of Sciences and the Royal Swedish Academy of Engineering Sciences. Athanasios Fokas is Professor of Nonlinear Mathematical Science at the University of Cambridge. He is a member of the Academy of Athens, and a recipient of the London Mathematical Society Naylor Prize and the Aristeon Prize in Sciences. Ernst Hairer is a Professor of Mathematics at the University of Geneva and has been awarded the Henrici Prize by the Society of Industrial and Applied Mathematics. Arieh Iserles holds the chair of Numerical Analysis of Differential Equations at the University of Cambridge and was awarded the Onsager Medal of the Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication02/07/2009
- GenreScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Series TitleLondon Mathematical Society Lecture Note Series
- Series Part/Volume NumberNo. 366
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note15 b/w illus.
- Weight370 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edited byArieh Iserles,Athanasios Fokas,Bjorn Engquist,Ernst Hairer
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Other Non-Fiction
Save on Other Non-Fiction
- £4.55Trending at £4.82
- £3.60Trending at £7.00
- £4.44Trending at £8.00
- £14.32Trending at £20.04
- £7.71Trending at £10.51
- £7.12Trending at £8.98
- £8.66Trending at £8.78
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.