CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Save on Adult Learning & University
- £9.10Trending at £10.99
- £26.45Trending at £27.79
- £7.44Trending at £8.99
- £10.89Trending at £12.29
- £18.09Trending at £19.21
- £15.21Trending at £18.62
- £10.46Trending at £14.11
About this product
- PublisherUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Date of Publication15/03/2008
- GenreSocial Studies: General
- Place of PublicationChicago
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Tennessee Press
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations, maps
- Edited byRandall Norris
- Photographer(s)Jean-Philippe Cypres
- Foreword byMorgan Freeman
- Author BiographyRandall Norris is a professor of English and American culture studies at Sauk Valley Community College in Dixon, Illinois. He is the author of Women of Coal. With Jean Philippe Cypres, he developed a traveling exhibit of text and images on the Mississippi Delta under the auspices of the Mississippi Humanities Council and the Phil Hardin Foundation. Jean-Philippe Cypres is an award-winning photographer originally from Paris, France, where he studied with internationally known photographer Cees De Hand. He has been living in Knoxville, Tennessee, for over twenty years, where he maintains a studio that produces portraits for actors, models and performers. His work has appeared in Vogue Paris, Rolling Stone Paris and numerous magazine publications in the USA. His striking images in both Women of Coal and this book not only capture his subjects pain and struggle, but their dignity as well. He has produced photo-essays in France, Holland, Greece, the Ivory Coast, and Thailand. Jean-Philippe is also an accomplished harmonica player which led him to take a strong interest in the Delta region.
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.