Best-selling in DVDs & Blu-rays
Save on DVDs & Blu-rays
- £5.94Trending at £10.35
- £5.94Trending at £9.99
- £19.55Trending at £20.72
- £7.90Trending at £12.99
- £13.65Trending at £13.84
- £8.85Trending at £13.98
- £5.95Trending at £6.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis groundbreaking crime drama from super-producer Stephen Bochco aired from 1981 to 1986 and followed one of the first ensemble casts on TV. Set in a fictional town based on Chicago, the action centred on a chaotic police precinct and provided a very realistic view of the private and work lives of characters that occupied every rung of the hierarchical ladder. In the second season, the relentless barrage of crime continues, beginning when an ex-gang leader returns and reclaims his place at the top of the Black Arrow gang.
- Leading Role 1Daniel J. Travanti
- Leading Role 2Barbara Babcock
- Leading Role 3Taurean Blacque
- Additional Roles byMichael Conrad,Barbara Bosson
- ScreenwriterSteven Bochco
- Release FormatDVD
- Release Year2006
- Additional GenreGeneral
- Running Time864 minutes
Most relevant reviews
- parakeetmedic04 Aug, 2011by
Hill Street Blues - awesome programme
Iconic TV series that rated 14 in the "50 Greatest TV Shows of All Time". Series ran for about 7 years and was compulsive viewing. Hill Street Blues achieved "cult" status later emulated by shows like The West Wing, 24, Spooks, et cetera. Fantastic, gritty, funny and occasionally very sad - thoroughly recommend Hill Street Blues to anyone looking for a memorable series to watch.
- mckenna180915 Feb, 2008by
HILL STREET BLUES DVD
I WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE WHOLE SER VICE , WAS GOOD VALUE , GREAT COMMUNICATION AND PACKING AND FINALLY DVD'S TOP QUALITY . I BOUGHT THE DVD;S AS AN XMAS PRESENT, MY PARTENER LOVE D THEM. THANKS
- minky7423 Oct, 2007by
Deserved to be better.
Although HSB continued to be groundbreaking in its production, this second series does lack the excitement of the first. This may be down to a strike by the writers pushing the deadline forward, leading to a hasty production which left some writers exhausted. It appears that they rely heavily on car chases and action sequences to fill the scripts more than a great storyline. The second disappointment with this particular DVD set is that there are no extras. There had been some on the first series boxed set, and seven extras on the Region 1 issue, but there is nothing on this. HSB definately deserves a better release than this over here, even just for it's fans. Therefore this set is recommended to fans and completists only, otherwise, buy the first boxed set it's better.
- gerry994608 Sep, 2007by
Hill Street Blues Season 2
I purchased these DVDs because I really loved the series which when it came out was a real ground breaker as far as "tv cop shows" was concerned.In my view despite the passage of time it is still really worth watching and being able to watch an episode without any advert breaks makes it even more enjoyable
- petrocbeer03 Jul, 2007by
Hill Street blues season 2 DVD
We bought this product as an addition to our collection, it is a superb addition and a masterpiece of Steve Bochco's work. A groundbreaking piece of television drama, it is as fresh as the day it was made and covers many still relevant themes. A great piece of ensemble playing with a superb cast of experienced actors. Unmissable.