Best-selling in Religion & Beliefs
Save on Religion & Beliefs
- £69.50Trending at £110.74
- £97.58Trending at £125.35
- £12.46Trending at £13.50
- £6.99Trending at £9.03
- £25.18Trending at £31.48
- £4.95Trending at £7.99
- £8.73Trending at £11.99
About this product
- DescriptionThis book explores the historical development of a Hindu devotional movement in early modern South Asia. Provides a rigorous philological analysis of Sanskrit texts, which is combined with a detailed examination of the specific historical circumstances which led to their formation.
- Author BiographyKiyokazu Okita is an Assistant Professor at the Hakubi Center for Advanced Research / Department of Indological Studies, Kyoto University. After obtaining his D.Phil. from the Faculty of Theology and Religion, University of Oxford, he served as a lecturer at the Department of Religion, University of Florida . Subsequently, he was a JSPS post-doctoral research fellow at the Department of Indological Studies, Kyoto University (2011-13) as well as a visiting research fellow at the Department of Indian and Tibetan Studies, University of Hamburg (2012-13).
- Author(s)Kiyokazu Okita
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication31/07/2014
- GenreNon-Christian Religions
- Series TitleOxford Theology and Religion Monographs
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- First Published2014
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight610 g
- Width162 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine26 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.