Best-selling in Law
Save on Law
- £9.00Trending at £9.98
- £5.51Trending at £6.54
- £38.07Trending at £40.28
- £6.24Trending at £7.25
- £18.09Trending at £19.13
- £6.33Trending at £6.74
- £10.89Trending at £15.48
About this product
- DescriptionFrom early Sanskrit rulebooks to the modern codification of 'Hindu law', the authors examine interactions between Hinduism and law.
- Author BiographyDonald R. Davis is Associate Professor in the Department of Languages and Cultures of Asia at the University of Wisconsin, Madison. His previous publications include The Spirit of Hindu Law (Cambridge University Press, 2010) and The Boundaries of Hindu Law: Tradition, Custom and Politics in Medieval Kerala (2004). Jayanth Krishnan is Professor of Law and the Charles L. Whistler Faculty Fellow at Indiana University, Maurer School of Law. Krishnan's academic interests focus on the legal profession and law-and-globalization, with a special emphasis on how these areas intersect in India. His publications on these subjects have appeared in reputed law reviews and peer-reviewed journals. Timothy Lubin is Professor in the Department of Religion, and Lecturer in Law and Religion in the School of Law, at Washington and Lee University. His publications concern classical Hindu ritual and doctrine, and their relation to legal precepts and practices in India.
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/10/2010
- GenreLaw: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note1 map
- Weight500 g
- Width152 mm
- Height228 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edited byDonald R. Davis,Jr.,Timothy Lubin
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.